ConnectNYC Fiber Access for NYC Businesses
When it comes to an Internet connection, faster is better. That’s why the City of New York is helping connect the City’s growing companies to high-speed Internet by providing free fiber optic construction to qualifying businesses.*
If you’re a growing business that depends on secure and reliable high-speed Internet as part of your daily business operations, apply now at NYCFiberAccess.com through ConnectNYC. Select businesses will be provided with free construction and installation of a dedicated fiber optic cable directly to their office space.
Participating businesses must:
- have an office location in NYC
- have fewer than 500 employees
- explain the anticipated impact of dedicated fiber optic cable on their business activities
- sign a minimum of a one-year contract for Internet service at market rates with one of the participating Internet Service Providers in order to receive free construction
In the second round of the program, up to $14 million in funding is available for fiber construction through five participating Internet Service Providers, allowing businesses to choose their fiber service packages.
* The program covers the cost of construction and installation only. Applicants are responsible for monthly service fees at negotiated market rates.
Apply early! Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until December 12, 2013 or until the available allocated construction funds are exhausted.